This patient was distressed having lost her upper teeth, as she was unable to get used to wearing a full upper denture. She was very conscious of her denture and wanted a fixed and more permanent alternative. The problem was that her bone quality was poor, and the anatomy of her sinuses did not allow placement of dental implants sufficiently towards the back. As the implants could not be spread in an ideal manned, we treated her with All On 4 Dental Implants treatment but were only able to provide her with a shortened arch of 10 teeth. In order to have more teeth in the future, we performed sinus grafting at the same time as her dental implants installation. Approximately 2 years later she wanted more teeth. At that time the grafts have already consolidated and we placed two additional implants into the grafted bone, and also upgraded her bridge to a far more durable and longer lasting Zirconia bridge.
1. Denture with large flanges and a plastic plate covering the palate.
2. With the denture out the edentulous arch is visible before any treatment.
3. This OPG was taken prior to any treatment. It illustrates the pneumatisation of the sinuses reducing the amount of available jawbone.
4. The day after installation of four dental implants into the jawbone, the immediate replacement teeth are attached to the fixtures.
5. This OPG demonstrates the four dental implants that support a high impact acrylic prosthesis with a rigid reinforcement bar, as well as the bone grafts in the sinus spaces.
6. This OPG illustrates the additional implants that we later placed into the grafted parts of the jawbone, and the Zirconia bridge with a full complement of teeth attached to all six fixtures.
All-On-4 Clinic have state-of-the-art facilities based all around Australia.
Written by Alex Fibishenko, founder and principal implant surgeon at All-On-4 Clinic and creator of All-On-4-Plus and Zygoma-Plus implant-based solutions
All-On-4-Clinic’s team clinicians have been handpicked for their expertise in the various aspects of immediate teeth replacement and dental implants.